The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

March 25, 2006

Tree distance from building

Hola,
My name is Tomas James from Argentina.
I have just finished building my house and there is a Ginkgo that i had planted 6 years ago, is about 3 meters high and is at about 1 meter from the house.
Is it ok to have it so close to the house?
If I have to move it, what will be the minimum distance from the house that shall I plant it?
Thanks.
Topic by Tomas James.

2 Comments:

At 3/29/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to move the ginkgo. It is too close. I have read that the roots tend to go down deep but the trunk circumference could reach 10 feet or 3 meters in 100 years or so. The trunk would start to crush your house if it was still around.

 
At 6/18/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our gingko is about 25', and unfortunately is too near to the house, about 3,5' from it.
I am afraid the roots of that side are lifting the brick wall, thus intending to break it.
Do you supose that if I cut that side of the root, for example at 1' from the wall, and perhaps I do the same with the branches of the same side that pass over the tile roof, the problem could be solutioned?
Thank you for your answer in advance.

Roberto E. Gorostiaga
Buenos Aires
Argentina (South America)
roberto_gorostiaga@iplanmail.com.ar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home