The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

November 13, 2009

Ginkgo seeds New York Botanical Garden

Judy Glattstein writes in her garden diary:
"For whatever reason, the trees in the Watson Building parking lot at The New York Botanical Garden are female. ...And this year they are fruiting prolifically. Ginkgo fruits are edible. My friend Nihei san, told me that his wife would gather them wearing plastic gloves, wash away the pulp in a bucket of water. Then microwave 8 or so nuts at a time, for Nihei san to eat as a snack while watching television.....
I decided to make chawan mushi, a savory egg custard with little treasures hidden within. ..."
Read full article (including a recipe for chawan mushi) here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home