The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

August 06, 2013

Red Cross plants Ginkgo tree, survivor Hiroshima bombing


A descendant of a Ginkgo biloba tree that survived the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945 was planted at a ceremony at the International Committee of the Red Cross headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland,  today.
This tree is the first sapling of the 200-year-old Hiroshima survivor tree to be planted in Switzerland.
The seeds and saplings of a 200-year-old Ginkgo tree that survived the explosion have been nurtured and protected over the intervening decades and are now being planted worldwide.
Read much more here.

More A-bombed Ginkgo trees in Hiroshima on my website.

Subscribe to receive free email updates.-- Cor Kwant
Visit my website The Ginkgo Pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home